Songs for a New World
By Jason Robert Brown
- Tuesday, September 3 – 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- Wednesday, September 4 – 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- Thursday, September 5 – 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- Sunday, September 8 – 7:00pm to 9:00pm (if required)
150 Henderson Drive
- Women: 1 ballad & 1 up-tempo (Weill, Sondheim, JRB – Preferred)
- Men: 1 Gospel/Blues & 1 up-tempo/ballad
- Please bring an extra copy of your music to your audition.
- Everyone: A MAXIMUM 2-minute comedic or dramatic monologue.
- Have a listen to the show beforehand if possible
- Tuesdays 7:00pm to 10:30pm
- Thursdays 7:00pm to 10:30pm
- Sundays 1:00pm to 5:00pm
- From November 29 to December 15
- Actors must be available for all dates mentioned above.
To book an audition spot, please send an email to email@example.com
If you have a theatre resume please send it along with your email.
All actors play various roles in scenes that take place in various time periods.
**The Director and Musical Director may decide not to keep the original casting or role assignments.**
The following is a list of the solos each part has attached to his or her name:
- Woman 1: “Not afraid of Anything”, “Christmas Lullaby”, “I’d Give it all For You”
- Woman 2: “Just one Step”, “Stars and Moon”, “Surabaya Santa”
- Man 1: “On the Deck of a Spanish Ship”, “Steam Train”, “King of the World”
- Man 2: – “She Cries”, “World was Dancing”, “I’d Give it all For You”
Jason Robert Brown says, “It’s about hitting the wall and having to make a choice, or take a stand, or turn around, and go back.” These are the stories and characters of today. This production is considered by many to be a song-cycle that examines a unifying theme with many characters. This musical journey brings an audience from the deck of a ship in 1492 to the ledge of a modern high-rise Manhattan condo.
Director: Bob Riddell
Bob has directed over 50 musicals and has been awarded both a Thea Award and Mississauga Theatre Award for Directing and Choreography.
Musical Director: Jeff Vidov
Jeff trained at the Eastman School of Music and had the same teachers and colleagues as Jason Robert Brown. He composes original music for theatre productions.
** Non-Equity – Non-Paying**