Do you find yourself singing along with Matthew Broderick every time he sings out, “I wanna be a producer! and see my name (YOUR NAME HERE) in lights!”? Then have we got a job for you! Bygone Theatre is looking to add a Producer to the team, not just for a specific show but for the company in general; check out all the details below and email us with any questions (PLEASE NOTE: Bygone cannot guarantee that you will get your name in lights, but we would be happy to write your name on a sparkly piece of paper so you can put it on your wall )
- Position: Producer
- Application Deadline: Monday September 30, 5:00pm
- Salary: Non-paying
- Location: Toronto (mostly downtown)
Bygone Theatre was formed in November of 2012 and is run by Artistic Director/Producer Emily Dix and Producer Matt McGrath. The company is in the process of becoming an official non-profit organization, and produces non-union, non-paying, established 20th century shows. Past credits for Bygone include Doubt: A Parable (University College East Hall, January 2013), Retro Radio Hour (Winchester Kitchen, May 2013) and Dial M For Murder (Robert Gill Theatre, 2013). Check out our website at http://www.bygonetheatre.com for photos and more information.
Bygone Theatre is looking for a dedicated producer to help launch the company to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a passion for theatre, and will understand the pressures and fast-paced nature of theatre. This is a non-paying position, as it is a fledging company with limited funds; neither of the current members receive any sort of salary, and invest their own money into the company. Bygone needs help with raising money for future shows, and for general company expenses like the legal fees associated with incorporating, and with things like marketing costs. While experience as a theatre producer is not required, experience with maintaining financial accounts, and in raising funds is. A sense of humour, positive attitude, and willingness to dedicate oneself fully to the position, despite there being no monetary gain, is a must! Great opportunity for anyone looking to gain producing experience, and hopefully in time the company will be established well enough to have salaries for all those involved.
- A passion for theatre
- Knowledge of not-for-profit practises
- A degree or experience in arts management or business
- Proficiency with software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- A pleasant and out-going personality
- Experience raising funds and securing sponsors or grants
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- A positive attitude and good work ethic
- A hardworking and dedicated personality, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively, and to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume, along with three references (name, email and phone number) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Producer Application.
Artistic Director, Emily Dix, Producer, Matt McGrath, both at email@example.com