How to STAND OUT in a crowd
Casting sees hundreds of submissions for even the smallest roles. Of course there are many ways to be noticed, here are 8 suggestions to stand out. Practice these traits and you’ll not only stand out in the crowd, you’ll probably travel far beyond it.
1. Take your work seriously: Get out there and hone your skills in every way possible. Get in a class!!
2. Have GREAT head shots: This is the first thing that casting sees. Bad head shots could be the reason you’re not being seen by casting. Here’s a fantastic link about HOW to get a great shot.
3. Know your BRAND: Be and market your version of the authentic, beautifully unique you! That’s who people want to see and get to know. Click here to read more and find out what your type is.
4. Set achievable GOALS: Get together with another actor, model or work with a coach in creating an easy, doable plan for your career. Then tell your agent so they know where to steer the ship.
5. Be Responsive: Respond to e-mails, calls, requests, and inquiries as soon and often as you can. You stand out as a person who respects others and communicates well.
6. Be ORGANIZED and ON TIME: Keep a track of meetings, auditions, go see’s and call-backs and keep important phone numbers (agents, acting coaches) close at hand. You don’t want to be late, go to the wrong casting house or not be prepared for an audition.
7. Be around those who elevate you: Positive, proactive, creative, and inspiring people rise to the top.
8. Be inspired: Go to the art gallery, eat beautiful food, see a concert or play. Get out of your neighborhood and see something different.